Note: For the duration of Riley's mission, this blog will be produced and edited by his parents, Daisy and Todd Stonely.

Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 47: Mothers Day :)

Dear Fellow Family and Friends :)

This week we had the best gift of all and were able to call home to our families! It most definitely was a joy to see my family and also my companions family. They were talking super fast in Spanish and it seemed to me that there was always two or three people talking at the same time. HAHA It was different then mine where we all took turns. :) But it was such a great day! I love you mom!

As far as the rest of the week, we had the opportunity to go and see a bunch of people both new and old. :) We had a lot of referrals from Salt Lake Headquarters and from other missionaries which seemed to keep us busy. It was a testimony builder for me. Some days as missionaries when the work gets slow we start to think that we have talked with everyone and no one wants to hear what we have. Though, seeing so many referrals come in this week I slapped myself in the face and realized that there are a lot more prepared people than we think. All we have to do is be obedient and do everything we can to find them. And we shall. :) Well on top of all that, we enjoyed Sunday and the talks that were given by some of our fathers in the ward. There are very few members here, though it feels like one huge family who share every mother! Everyone is so close and I could feel that bond in church as we talked about mothers. It was enjoyable. :)

Well today I will be going fishing hopefully. We have a pond in the backyard of our missionary house, so my goal, though I hate seafood, is to catch a cat-fish and eat it. We will see how that one turn outs. I love you all and hope you enjoy your week! Sorry there are no pictures from this week. I will get some next week maybe hopefully... HAHAHA

Much love from Cairo Georgia!

Elder Stonely

Family photo over Skype (sans Brooke & Tanner).

No comments:

Post a Comment